Thursday, April 20, 2006

abandoned suburb

abandoned bike

I was in Saint John last weekend for Easter. The weather cooperated enough that I had the chance to go do some test shots that will hopefully become the basis for a series some day. There's an area close to where I grew up where the outlines of a neighbourhood were sketched but never filled in. There are roads, underground electrical wires, drainage systems, fire hydrants, etc. but there have never been any houses. Over the years it's been overgrown and things have been stripped away. People try to set fires and teenagers party and smash stuff. I love it. These pictures are tests. I would like to go back with the right equipment in the right lighting to spend some more time there. For now, you'll have to enjoy these.


In other news, I ordered a new lens while in Saint John as well. It's a Canon 50mm f/2.5 macro. I'm excited about it. It may not be exactly what I'm looking for but it was in my current price range and will definitely be better than no macro lens. Now it's just a tortuous wait and trying to figure out the best way to get it to Yarmouth from Saint John.

1 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Anonymous jen Woollin said...

Adam - Your mum told us about the abandoned estate plan when we were at your house - I think it's one of the creepiest things I've ever heard of!

happy clicking!
love Jen Woollin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home