Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Happy Birthday! (in fake miniture form)

Happy Birthday Annie and Eric (Beth, Matt, and Charlotte you can all accept this as belated birthday wishes too)!

I've learned something fun today. Via boingboing I came to this tutorial about how to make a photograph look like it was taken of a scale model of the scene rather than the scene itself. My picture above isn't great material for this technique (it works best looking down on objects that are further away) but I thought it was fun anyway. I can picture a miniature version of my doorknob picture hanging inside a model of dining room. There is now a flickr group for this technique if you want to see more examples of it. Some of my favourites are:
Philadelphia 1947

P1130486p

P1130475p

bryce canyon model

2005_1030ModelVillage50018 copy

Tiny spectacle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home