Friday, February 24, 2006

Andy Goldsworthy




This morning I went with Luke to the beach to see about making stone sculptures. Luke was inspired by the work of Andy Goldsworthy. Here and here are a couple of links to see some of his work. His work with natural elements is arrestingly beautiful. The weather was less than great so I didn't get to take as many pictures as I would have liked (I haven't had my new camera long enough to really risk a lot of snow exposure yet) but here are a couple. These are towers that Luke built. My work (a spiral of increasingly larger white stones) was too covered with snow by the time I finished to get even a workable picture. The top photo was taken by Luke.

1 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Blogger Josh said...

Those are awesome! I love the top photo especially.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home