Friday, January 27, 2006

wild Canada wild


Dead whales and abandoned sailboats are only a small fraction of what washes up on the beaches around here. I'm always a bit surprised to see things like half-full French salad dressing bottles on my outings. In fact, that day as I walked along I found myself mentally restocking a refrigerator with the things I saw. A lot of it around here though is lobster fishing castoffs: bait bags, lots of rope, wooden crates, pieces of pots, and claw bands like this one.

Speaking of lobster fishing. All schools should try to keep their Google image preferences set to 'SafeSearch ON' if they don't want their students looking for 'lobster fishing' and ending up looking at pictures that would be better suited to Sex Ed than Social Studies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home