Thursday, December 15, 2005

flutter

A lot of times when I'm shooting it feels like the first number of shots are kind of like photographic doodling. It takes me a while to get used to seeing photographically when I haven't done it for a while. A big part of the reason why I am excited about the prospect of digital is the ability to get into that mode more often. I find that shooting film gives a sort of gravity to the photographic process that I can't wait to shed (probably because of the expense of it). My love for creating beautiful images will keep me from just snapping at anything but I do think I'll feel a certain freedom once I get my camera (although I'm sure any creative bonds that I have now are of my own making).

2 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Adam,

That is quite a lovely shot of the Christmas cactus. My cactus looks exactly the same at the moment, only red. :)

See you soon!
Beth :)

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger sherrieg said...

Beautiful! Hopefully it will last long enough under my care for that last bud to bloom! :)
Wife

 

Post a Comment

<< Home