Friday, October 28, 2005

carving

This is my creation for the mall jack-o-lantern contest. I've heard other stores are bullying all their customers into voting for theirs but I prefer a more laissez-faire approach. The design is, of course, based on the adorable rabbits in 'Wallace and Gromit: the Curse of the Were-Rabbit'. I love carving pumpkins. There's something about the combination of the simplicity of the tools and the low expectations that makes it fun. As long as you are more creative than two circles for eyes and a menacing mouth you can feel like Pumpkin Van Gogh.

2 Comments:

At 10:03 PM, Blogger Sherry said...

WOW ~ Very Nice! :)

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Adam Graham said...

Thanks Sherry. I found out today that we didn't win the mall competition though. The official count gave us 63 votes with the winning store getting 409 votes. And they didn't even carve their pumpkin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home