Sunday, October 23, 2005

bubbles

This is Matthew and Annie at their reception. This is probably the last picture from the reception that I'll post here. You can see more, including guests in costume, at my site. My pictures from the wedding that I shot over Thanksgiving should be arriving soon so I'll probably be posting some of those this week.

I got out shooting today. It was a very windy day so I'm not sure how sharp any of them will be even with my stabilization measures. It's funny because taking sometimes makes me a bit melancholic. I feel absolutely wonderful while I'm doing it but afterwards I'm more introverted. I think it is probably because when I'm making pictures I feel caught up in the potential of the world. My own potential expands and mixes with the beauty of everything around me. And then I have to come back, today because of my beautiful light dissolving into rain, to the rest of my life and it all seems so trivial in the face of what I had just been doing. Paying the phone bill is not nearly as ecstatic as trying to figure out how to best capture the being of the pounding surf. I'm also always reminded of the things that I've let creep in the way of making pictures. But no vows or pledges today to become super-shooter. To clear out the things that get in the way. Only to try and bring my goal into focus. I need to figure out where I want to be and how to get there. Any suggestions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home