Thursday, September 15, 2005

Not all that happy


So, I'm not all that happy with this picture. But, I think I know a couple of things I can fix next time I shoot. Learning is good. Let me know what you think.

The title of that post is also my state of mind regarding a recent film purchase. I ordered 20 rolls of Fuji Reala and only received 10. Humph. One phone message left and one e-mail sent and this makes the fourth day that I haven't heard back from the company. Pretty soon it will be a phone call that will not end until I get to speak to someone who will take care of it.

2 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Blogger Aunty Helpful Dictator said...

It's an interesting picture, but I think it lacks a focus for the eye and so feels scattered. My eye is torn between the ice in the foreground (particularly near the bottom of the photo) and the redness of the sunset, but without the focal point of the sun. I still like it, and I know shag all about photography, but if I were to paint it I'd be undecided about whether I was looking at the ice or the sunset, or I would probably look for a third element that would bring these two together.

Also kick ass with complaints!

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Adam Graham said...

Thanks for the comments. That's partly why I wasn't happy with the shot. The colouring didn't work out the way I had hoped which breaks things up and messes with the depth. I think I know how to fix it for next time.

PS - No ice in the foreground this time, only shallow water. It was about 50 degrees Celcius warmer when I took this shot compared to the last one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home