Monday, August 15, 2005

My former cat

This is a diptych of our former cat, Dante. We took over the care of Dante when we moved into our former house and his previous caretaker couldn't take Dante with him. Dante's big double paws were one of his best features but I don't think he scratched me (or the furniture) ever. We have a new cat now, Virgil, and a new house. No pictures of Virgil immediately forthcoming, but if the demand is great enough. Oh wait, does this turn me into one of those bloggers who talks about their pets? I've never wanted to be one of those people. Let me amend what I have just written. This picture is a diptych of a feline with double paws. The diptych as a form is interesting because it allows more of a story to be told. There can be an interplay between the two images, often revealing more about the subject or the photographer than the presentation of a single image. (There, is that detached enough for you?)

3 Comments:

At 6:03 AM, Blogger Aunty Helpful Dictator said...

That is so cute. I once had a dog with extra big paws. Something about the big paws that makes them retain a kittenish/puppyish quality even when their fully grown...

oh sorry in the spirit of detachment; the enlarged foot is reminiscent of pre-adolescence, which encourages the viewer to take a 'parental' or 'carer' stance in relation to the subject.

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Adam Graham said...

;)

 
At 10:44 AM, Anonymous Pudltz. said...

Nice pictures you've got there.I find your photos inspiring. I'm into photograpy too and take some in my spare time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home