Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Old and New


Old and New
Originally uploaded by whalemail.
Last weekend, I was going around Saint John with a couple of friends from out of town (well, I guess I'm from out of town now too) and a couple of times throughout the day one of them said to me, "You really love Saint John, don't you?" It kind of took me aback at first because I didn't think I was really gushing about it. But I guess it was the way I was talking about the different things that we were seeing that gave me away. I confess, I do love this place. I especially love the downtown area. There is such a mix of the historic (Saint John does hold the distinction of being Canada's oldest incorporated city) and the new. There are beautiful places and ugly places. Bright open places and dark smelly places. I love it for the same reasons I love Canadian weather, just for the sheer extremes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home