Monday, May 23, 2005

Sweet Snickers

"Hi, My name is Adam, and I have a problem. I eat too many Snickers bars." There I admit it, my obsession with Snickers is unhealthy (in more ways than one). Ever since hiking the AT five years ago, I have been convinced that Snickers bars are the perfect energy bar. So many hikers around me would be munching away on their Snickers, talking about how they couldn't get through the day without it. I was dubious at first. I'm not even sure that I took a Snickers with me out of town the whole time I was hiking the AT, but ever since I've finished the AT, whenever I need a chocolatey snack I go for Snickers. Now that I'm employed full time, I eat one every work day. As sad as it is, I save it for my last break of the day so I have something to look forward to through the work day. Sigh. I am open to suggestions as to how others have kicked their trail induced addictions. I'm sure I'm not the only one out there who was left with one. Any success stories out there from people who have kicked M&M's, ice cream bars, cheap beer, hour-long showers, not showering, or yogi-ing in the lunchroom (ex. 'Hey Joe, what do you think of this weath-... hey, are those M&M's? ... *big sad starving hiker eyes*... Well, if you don't mind I might have a couple.' )?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home