Friday, April 08, 2005

Update and Revision

My first two weeks at work are over. It went pretty well. I'm officially through my 'preliminary training module'. I got paid today. Nice to see a real paycheck, even if it was only for one week worth of hours.

Grizzly update. I have learned that there are in fact a few grizzlies along the PCT. Their numbers are very low. It makes it more of a challenge to actually see one, though, rather than something to be worried about.

I found out this week about Andrew Skurka. He's hiking from the Atlantic in Gaspe, Quebec to the pacific in Washington state. He, "set out from Quebec's Cape Gaspe in Forillon National Park to become the first person ever to hike the entire 7,700-mile Sea-to-Sea Route (C2C), which is a network of existing long-distance hiking trails that span almost continuously between the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans, with the exception of a 700-mile gap in North Dakota and Montana along the Missouri River and a less formidable 30-mile gap in Vermont. I hope to arrive at the C2C's western terminus, Cape Alava in Washington's Olympic National Park, by August 2005." (website) What an incredible and ambitious goal. Check out his website to learn more on why he's doing it and how he's doing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home